The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) powered by Ticketmaster is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams rostered by the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar, philanthropist, and investor Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Chernin Group, Blum Capital, The Kraft Group, Arctos Sports Partners, and other top investors in sports and media. The PLL is distributed through an exclusive media rights agreement with ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN+. The PLL was recognized by Front Office Sports’ 2021 Best Employers in Sports. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague), YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL) and TikTok (@pll).
- Stay grounded
- Think critically
- Encourage creativity
- Persevere through the noise
- Operate like an owner
- Be helpful
The Premier Lacrosse League is seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst to join the growth team. Reporting to the manager of Data Analytics, the ideal candidate has expertise in data visualization and SQL and is passionate about creating business value through designing and developing robust and performant data models.
Collaborating across ticketing, merchandise, product, youth academy, and other business teams, this position will design and implement datasets and reports in BigQuery and Looker, as well as perform analysis and share underlying trends and actionable insights to help our stakeholders in decision-making.
This opportunity will get you working on large scale structured, unstructured data sets, apply various data engineering and modeling techniques on the real-world datasets to build and deploy models. A well-qualified candidate should be highly technical with strong business acumen. They are a self-starter with abundant intellectual curiosity who excels at framing problems analytically, comfortable working through ambiguity, and have a proven track record of helping leverage analytical insights to drive impactful decisions.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Create segmented audiences for targeted messaging.
- Creating intuitive and informative dashboards.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in Data science or related field, or Economics degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Proficient in SQL and/or other data query languages. Experience of handling large scale data with efficiency. Familiar with Python or R is a plus.
- Excel/Google Sheets Proficiency.
- Experience with data exploration and visualization like Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc. It is a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive, and insightful visualizations.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Based on the candidate’s experience, seniority, and location
- $60,000-$65,000 annually
- The total compensation package includes Annual Bonus, Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401(k) plan, Equity Sharing, Mental Health Stipend, Unlimited PTO, and Paid Parental Leave
We require Covid-19 vaccination. We will consider reasonable accommodations only for valid and documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.