The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) powered by Ticketmaster is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams rostered by the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar, philanthropist, and investor Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Chernin Group, Blum Capital, The Kraft Group, Arctos Sports Partners, and other top investors in sports and media. The PLL is distributed through an exclusive media rights agreement with ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN+. The PLL was recognized by Front Office Sports’ 2021 Best Employers in Sports. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague), YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL) and TikTok (@pll).
- Stay grounded
- Think critically
- Encourage creativity
- Persevere through the noise
- Operate like an owner
- Be helpful
The Premier Lacrosse League is looking for a strategic marketer with a real passion for sports and entertainment to join the Partnerships team. Reporting to the SVP, Partnerships & Revenue you will focus on the development of innovative marketing partnerships between industry leading brands and the PLL. You are a creative and organized thought leader with a strong acumen for business development, driven to create and deliver breakthrough and compelling multi-platform marketing solutions. You are skilled at identifying and engaging contacts at brands and in categories we currently do not work with, generating strong prospect volume, and creating new relationships that drive our revenue targets and over-deliver on key marketing objectives for our partners.
• Continually reimagine the status quo and build breakthrough marketing partnerships for new PLL partners.
• Initiate discussions with potential new partners (client direct & agencies) to understand objectives and budget.
• Develop customized, integrated and creative partnership proposals that demonstrate insight and knowledge of client business.
• Lead presentations to new prospects and negotiate packages to potential PLL partners.
• Utilize research tools to actively prospect and identify prospects in new categories.
• Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets.
• Initiate and maintain regular contact with clients and/or client’s agency, developing strong professional relationships.
• Prepare and present post-season partner reports..
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years of related and meaningful experience in sales and/or marketing
• Successful business development track record; sports/entertainment partnership sales experience, preferred.
• Desire to craft marketing programs for brands in the sports and entertainment space, and real passion for bringing new ideas to life.
• Proven ability to identify opportunities, develop strategies, and negotiate contracts.
• Solid comprehension of general marketing and partnership principles and a mindset for client service
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking
• Ambitious self-starter that works best under minimal supervision
• Deep understanding of new media and a desire to stay current on emerging digital platforms.
• Thrives in a dynamic team environment, with ability to productively handle multiple priorities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, trust, and discretion.
• Ability to travel when needed.
We require Covid-19 vaccination. We will consider reasonable accommodations only for valid and documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.