The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams with the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur, and investor Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League, is backed by an investment group composed of The Chernin Group (TCG), Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, WWE, 35 Ventures, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and other top investors in sports and media. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow us on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague), and YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL).
1. Stay grounded
2. Think critically
3. Encourage creativity
4. Persevere through the noise
5. Operate like an owner
6. Be helpful
The Premier Lacrosse League is seeking an SEO Manager to join the league’s marketing team. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and will be based at the headquarters in Los Angeles. The SEO Manager will work with multiple internal teams as an integral part of the league’s marketing efforts.
The SEO Manager will work directly with PLL’s agency partners to effectively manage on-site, off-site, technical, and content marketing SEO strategies.
Responsibilities and key objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and execution of successful SEO strategies based upon regularly performed audits
- Conduct keyword research to guide editorial and content teams
- Collaborate directly with the PLL’s editorial team to ensure that content is search-engine friendly and optimized to increase league awareness and profitability
- Review and report on technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Optimize website landing pages and content
- Manage off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building, social account optimization)
- Build performance reports to report on traffic, rankings and other pertinent SEO metrics
- Work with social media and paid media teams to optimize campaigns, copy, and create holistic synergies across multiple marketing channels
- Keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trends
- Manage software and technical resources required for SEO
The ideal candidate exhibits a high level of ownership and will have prior experience managing and implementing an SEO strategy; candidates will be driven by the opportunity to build, daily problem-solving, and finding opportunities for continuous improvement.
Qualifications and required skills:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3+ years of experience in an SEO marketing role
- Highly proficient in SEO tools (SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, etc.) Google Search Console, Google Analytics and WordPress
- Critical thinking around Keyword and SEO-friendly Content strategy
- Strong technical SEO skills: Link building, Schema, HTML/CSS, and more
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter and ability to self-manage daily responsibilities
- Encompasses an analytical mindset and leverages data across all interactions
- High proficiency with Excel and Google Suite
- E-commerce knowledge and SEO experience within Shopify is a plus
- Qualified Traffic Volume
- Bounce Rates
- Email and Data Capture (conversions)
- Site Speed
- Domain Authority
- Based on the candidate’s experience, seniority, and location
- $80,000 to $90,000 Annually
- The total compensation package includes Annual Bonus, Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401(k) plan, Equity Sharing, Mental Health Stipend, Unlimited PTO, and Paid parental leave.
We require Covid-19 vaccination. We will consider reasonable accommodations only for valid and documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.