The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams with the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of The Chernin Group (TCG), Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, WWE, 35 Ventures, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and other top investors in sports and media. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com
and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague) and YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL
- Stay grounded
- Think critically
- Encourage creativity
- Persevere through the noise
- Operate like an owner
- Be helpful
PLL’s VP of Community will oversee the PLL’s youth lacrosse and community/non-profit development platforms through the league’s PLL Academy and PLL Assists groups, respectively.
PLL Academy is the youth lacrosse arm of the Premier Lacrosse League. It is one of five revenue-generating units for the business, which currently produces seven figures in top-line revenue annually. Focused on player-driven instructional events, PLL Academy currently runs more than 90 events per year spanning camps, clinics, and specialty training events for boys and girls. The business unit currently employs 8 FTEs.
The goal of the PLL Assists group is to grow the sport of lacrosse with an emphasis on honoring the game’s heritage, inspiring inclusivity, engaging with our communities, and promoting healthy & sustainable living. PLL Assists works to proactively navigate social change, bring awareness to marginalized members of society, garner support for those in need, and foster continual growth of our great sport. PLL Assists drives these efforts through fundraising, awareness, and education building initiatives both internally and externally, non-profit partnerships, and D&I initiatives. It is currently in the process of converting to a 501c(3).
The VP of Community will be the highest-ranking member of the PLL Academy and PLL Assists teams. The role will be charged with full P&L ownership, strategic oversight, sales excellence, execution, and direct employee management. As a member of the PLL’s leadership team, the VP of Community will have input on strategic decision-making for the Premier Lacrosse League and will work cross-functionally across all departments within the PLL.
Candidates must be willing to relocate to Los Angeles, CA (PLL HQ) or New York, NY (PLL satellite office).
- Ownership of the development and execution of long-term multi-year growth strategies for PLL Academy and PLL Assists
- Manage the core PLL Academy event portfolio while developing, sourcing, and growing new revenue opportunities in the youth space
- Potentially acquire and then manage certain aspects of youth lacrosse
- Aggressively expand the number of youth lacrosse players that the PLL interacts with on an annual basis
- Manage team members to quarterly goals to ensure annual OKRs and projections are met
- Identify and execute upon opportunities for synergy between PLL Academy and PLL Assists to further develop and grow the sport of lacrosse
- Work cross-functionally to integrate and intertwine both groups more deeply across the business internally
- Oversee conversion of PLL Assists to 501c(3) and develop a fundraising strategy to significantly grow financial impact driven to partner entities
- Maintain a consistently high-quality event product which meets the rigorous standards of the Premier Lacrosse League
- Work directly with PLL Athletes to provide a significant lever for additional income
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Minimum 8 years+ experience required; excellent leadership and experience managing teams
- High intelligence with a true entrepreneurial risk mentality; strong analytical & strategic thinking
- Ability to formulate and execute a high-level strategic vision
- Strong knowledge of and ability to manage a team against a P&L; basic financial acumen required
- Experience in operations or events a plus; must demonstrate superior levels of personal organization and linear thinking
- Experience in sales or leading sales teams is a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly; must learn the PLL front-to-back in a short period of time
- Expectation for weekend travel (12-18 weekends / year)
- Background in sports – particularly lacrosse – is a plus
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive base salary, equity ownership in the league, flexible PTO, and health benefits.
We require Covid-19 vaccination. We will consider reasonable accommodations only for valid and documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.