PLL Championship Series Challenge 2020 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THEFOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITEDSTATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA ONLY (EXCLUDINGPUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES) ANDSHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITEDSTATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOTLOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
1. ELIGIBILITY. These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”) for PLL ChampionshipSeries Challenge (the “Promotion”). The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are eighteen(18) years or older as of the date of entry (an “Entrant” or “you”). (Registration is further described below in Section 4.) The following are not eligible for the Promotion: (i)employees and agents of Sponsor and Promoter and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies; and (ii) the“immediate family members” and/or “household members” of any of the persons set forth in(i) above. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’sfull and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. From all eligible entries received, the winner will be determined by a random drawing based on their ability to accumulate the most points in this Promotion during the 2020 PLL ChampionshipSeries (the “Tournament”). If you are a college athlete or expect to be one, participating in this Promotion could affect your NCAA ® eligibility. This Promotion is void in all U.S.Territories, (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam), foreign territories not specifically included herein, and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
2.SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This Promotion is sponsored by Premier Lacrosse League, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). Any advertisers now or in the future that are associated with the Promotion, if any, shall be deemed a “Promoter” for purposes of these Official Rules.
3.ENTRY PAGE. To access and/or enter the Promotion, log-on to the PLL Championship Series Challenge homepage during the Promotion Period and complete your entry by clicking on the “Start” button.
4.TIMING. Entry in the Promotion begins on Tuesday, July 14, 2020. The Promotion begins on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 11:59pm Eastern Time and ends on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 5:00pm Eastern Time (or upon the completion of the Tournament) (the “Promotion Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules all times are Eastern Time (“ET”).
5.HOW TO PLAY.
5.1.General. The objective of the Promotion is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the “winning pick” for each of the twenty (20) match-ups associated with the Tournament.
5.2.How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions on each page.
5.3.Scoring. A correct pick in a given round is shown below:
•Group Play Round (14 Games): 25 Points
•Elimination Round (3 Games): 50 Points
•Semi-Final Round (2 games): 75 Points
•Championship Round: 100 Points
In the event a Tournament match does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation) no points will be awarded.
5.4.Lock-time. All picks will lock at the scheduled faceoff time of the Tournament currently scheduled for Saturday, July 25, 2020 (the “Lock Time”). Your picks for the matchups must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor’s computer by the scheduled Lock Time. Selections submitted after the Lock Time are considered invalid. Sponsor’scomputer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
5.5.Ties. Entrants may, but are not required to, submit a predicted score for the total combined score of all of the games played in the Tournament championship game (the“Tiebreaker Score”). This prediction is used for tiebreaker purposes only. If no predicted score is submitted for an entry, it is given a default prediction of zero (0) points.
• Tiebreaker #1 – An Entrant’s predicted Tiebreaker Score is compared to the actual total score. The differences (absolute values only) between the predicted score and actual score for each team are added together into a combined total. The entry with the smallest total is considered the winning entry.
• Tiebreaker #2 – Number of points scored in Championship Round.
• Tiebreaker #3 – Number of points scored in Semi-Final Round
• Tiebreaker #4 – Number of points scored in Elimination Round.
• Tiebreaker #5 – Number of points scored in Group Play Round.
• Tiebreaker #6 – The Entrant whose date of entry creation was recorded in the system the earliest.
5.6.Limit. TWENTY-FIVE (25) ENTRIES PER PERSON.
6.NO ENTRY FEE. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Promotion. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry – fax, mail, email, phone or other – will be accepted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Winner will be determined on or about Monday, August 10, 2020.
7.1.a. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes is $6,000.00. Sponsor will award one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) to the Entrant who is among the top point scorers in the Promotion.
7.1.1. Grand Prize Winner: (i) Signed game-used helmet from the PLL ChampionshipSeries; (ii) $100 Vineyard Vines gift card; (iii) PLL merch package; and (iv) a piece of the game net from the Championship Game.
7.1.2. Other winners. Twenty (20) runners-up will receive PLL Gift Cards worth the following values: $250 for places 2nd to 5th; $100 for places 6th to 10th; $50 for places11th to 20th.
7.1.3. Entrants have the opportunity to participate in multiple pools that each have unique prizes. The winner of the Lacrosse Club pools will be granted a game-worn helmet from Club identified to that pool.
7.1.4. Entrants have the opportunity to enter into pools associated with a leaguePromoter. The Promoter pools are as follows: (i) STX – winner will receive STXgloves, a STX shaft, and a STX head; (ii) Vineyard Vines – winner will receive two tickets with VIP access to a future Premier Lacrosse League, Inc. game of the fans choice and a $100 gift card to Vineyard Vines. Entrants will not have the option to select the seat location of the tickets to the Premier Lacrosse League, Inc. game; (iii)EPOCH – winner will receive an EPOCH lacrosse shaft from the Premier LacrosseLeague, Inc. custom series; (iv) Hyperice – winner will receive a Hypervolt; (v)ECD – winner will receive an ECD lacrosse head; (vi) Cascade – winner will receive a Cascade helmet and gloves; vii) Utz – Premier Lacrosse League Snack Pack.
7.2. Restrictions may apply. See details. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Gift Cards are NOT redeemable/exchangeable for cash.Other restrictions may apply. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATEDWITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, IF ANY.
8. ENTRY ERRORS/ NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2)failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. Potential winner may be required to show proof of identification, and Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that his/her identification matches the User Information associated with the winning entry (both at the time of entry and at the time of verification of a potential winner). SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL WINNER IF IT DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT ANY USER INFORMATION WAS CHANGED OR FALSIFIED IN ORDER TO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. The decisions of the professional referees officiating the games shall be final and binding regarding the outcome and scoring of the game.
9.POTENTIAL WINNER. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID. Potential winner will be notified via email sent within thirty (30) business days following the end of the Promotion Period. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor during the Promotion Period if his or her e-mail address has changed. To do so, email email@example.com to update your email address. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Promotion (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
10.AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice. Except where prohibited, participation in this Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and Promoters’, and any of their respective agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
11.CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and to Sponsor’s decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regard to all matters of this Promotion are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an Entrant who, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion if, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Promotion, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In the event that the PLL Championship Series is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the season is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion at its discretion. In the event of a cancellation or termination by the Sponsor prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules based on the point total accumulated at the time of any said action, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
12.RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, Entrants (and in particular, winner) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoters and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
13.GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
14.LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation,warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Promotion or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants,printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Promotion; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind,including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions,e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Promotion; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion, access to, copying or downloading materials frompremierlacrosseleague.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
15.DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
17.OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Sponsor at the address below(Residents of VT may omit return postage). Requests must be received within thirty (30)days following the end of the Promotion (i.e., by September 10, 2020).
18.ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. Sponsor is responsible for the Promotion and awarding of prizes. Sponsor’s address is Premier Lacrosse League, Inc., 222 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 1310, El Segundo, CA 90245. Premier Lacrosse League, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the PLL Entities. All rights reserved.