Last Updated and Effective Date – November 2, 2023
Information the PLL Collects and Receives
When you interact with us through the Services, we collect the information that you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We may also collect information about you from other sources like service providers and optional programs in which you participate, and we may combine this information with other information about you.
The information we collect consists of personal identifiers, commercial information, Internet/other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, characteristics of protected classifications, and inferences drawn from this information. More specifically, the information we may collect includes:
- Identifiers, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, mobile phone number, company name, and date of birth.
- User credentials, such as username, password, password hints, and similar security information used to create an account and authenticate users of the Services.
- Demographic information, such as age, gender, country, language preference, and other protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Financial and commercial data, such as credit card or other payment information and records of products or services purchased.
- Device data, such as the type of device you are using, certain device identifiers which may be unique to your device, your Internet service provider, and, depending on your permissions, content you have stored on your device (e.g., contacts stored on your phone).
- Location data, such as IP addresses received from your device and your specific location information drawn from your device’s GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, including information about nearby WiFi networks, location beacons, and cell towers.
- Sensory Data such as audio, electronic, or visual information, such as photographs you provide yourself to us, and/or when we film or photograph you in a public location at a PLL Event.
- Information about your interests and preferences, including your favorite Lacrosse Club and Lacrosse Club players or your communications preferences. In addition to what you provide directly, we infer your interests and preferences from other data we collect, such as the content and advertisements you interact with while using the Services.
- Log Information, including information about your interactions with our Services, including the content you view, the products you bid on or purchase, the amount of time spent on our Services, the date on which you accessed our Services, and information in cookies and similar technologies; and Information about how you access our Services, including your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the websites you visit before and after visiting our Services.
- Third Party integrations and social media. If you connect your use of the Services through a third party service (e.g., a social media platform), the third party may share certain information from your third party account with us.
- Communications, including the communications you send to us, such as customer service inquiries, product reviews, and other feedback regarding the Services.
- Other Third Party data, consisting of the categories above, collected from third-party sources outside of the Services, such as data from our affiliates, partners or vendors, data brokers, or public sources.
How We Collect Your Information
- Information You Provide Directly
We receive the information you choose to provide when using our Services. We collect the information you provide while you interact with us or our Services, such as when you register accounts on our Website, purchase tickets or other products and services, typeform, request information from us, sign up to receive electronic or other marketing communications, sign up to learn more about our upcoming events, enter a contest or sweepstakes, communicate with customer service, or complete a questionnaire.
- Cookies, Pixels, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
Our Services use online technologies called “cookies” and “web beacons,” as well as other local storage technologies. The information we collect may automatically be combined with the information you provide to personalize content and advertising based on your interests.
“Cookies” are text files placed in your device’s browser and can be used to help recognize your browser across different web pages, websites, and browsing sessions. Your browser or device may offer settings related to cookies. For example, you may be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. For more information about whether these settings are available, what they do, and how they work, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you decide not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of the Services.
Cookies are stored on your device or in “local storage.” We also use other types of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (sometimes called “Flash cookies”), in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to cookies in that they are stored on your device and can be used to maintain information about your activities and preferences.
However, these other local storage technologies may use parts of your device other than your browser, which means you may not be able to control their use using the browser tools and settings you use to control browser cookies. Please visit the Adobe Flash Player website for more information about managing Flash cookies. Your browser’s privacy controls may enable you to manage other types of local storage.
- to help authenticate you when you use our Services;
- to remember your preferences and registration information;
- to present and help measure and research the effectiveness of our Service, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon); and
- to customize the content and advertisements provided to you through our Services and on other websites and services you visit.
We may permit the operation of retargeting consumer marketing programs, including also partnering with third parties that may place a unique cookie on your browser (e.g. using pixels) to serve you ads based on your web browsing activity, purchases, interests and/or other information. These third parties may also use these types of technologies to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone or a laptop, and serve you ads on websites you visit and applications you use. We may provide anonymous consumer information and/or consumer email addresses to such third party partners as part of these programs. To learn more about your opt-out choices, please visit the Network Advertising Initiatives consumer opt-out page, located at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp .
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages, videos, and in emails that can communicate information about your browser and device to a server. Beacons can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a Web page or read an email or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing a Web page or email.
Some web browsers may transmit “Do Not Track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. No standard governs what, if anything, websites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a response standard is established, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
- Information from Third-Party Sources.
We may receive information about you from third-party sources such as:
- Business partners. We may receive additional information about you from our business partners.
- Publicly or commercially available sources. We may receive information about you that is publicly or commercially available, and we may combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways.
- Social networking services. We receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Services.
- Other Third Party Sources. The PLL may also receive other information from Service Providers in connection with the operation of our Services, including when you purchase our tickets or take our surveys through a third-party vendor. We may also receive information from Service Providers through marketing and demographic studies that we use to supplement Personal Information provided directly by you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- For the Purpose Collected: If you provide Personal Information for a certain reason, we will use it in connection with the reason it was provided. For example, if you make an online purchase, we will use your credit card information to fulfill and process your purchases. If you register or open an account on the Services, the Personal Information you provide may be used to maintain your account, provide you access to certain features of our Services, or offer you the benefits and privileges that typically come along with registration. These benefits may include access to and use of exclusive or personalized content or activities, participation in special events and promotions, and delivery of merchandise. As part of these activities, we may use your Personal Information to determine your eligibility, notify you whether you are a winner, and/or fulfill and deliver prizes and orders.
- To provide our Services. We use the information we collect and receive to provide you with the Services you use or request. For example, we use this information to:
- Create accounts;
- Process transactions;
- Provide technical support and respond to user inquiries;
- Send you electronically and other marketing communications that may be tailored to your preferences and interests;
- Administer your participation in our contests, sweepstakes, fantasy or interactive games, or other promotions;
- Notify you about updates to our Services or send other communications that are relevant to your use of our Services; and
- To otherwise understand your needs and preferences and personalize your experience.
- To improve our operation and Services. We also use the information we collect and receive to provide content you may find relevant and interesting and to maintain and upgrade our operations and our Services. For example, we may use this information to:
- Solicit input and feedback about our Services;
- Identify and address technical issues on our Services; and
- Customize your experiences based on location information or your online activities, including the content you view, the products you bid on or purchase, other Services of ours you use, and other information we collect and receive.
- To provide effective advertising and marketing. We also use the information we collect and receive to provide ads for our Services and certain third-party services and to send you promotional communications. For example, we may use this information:
- To show you ads (on and off our Services, including on third-party social media services) based on location information or your online activities, including the content you view, the products you bid on or purchase, the other Services of ours that you use, and other information we collect and receive; and
- To send you electronic and other marketing messages about the PLL, Lacrosse Clubs, or third-party business partners of the PLL that may be tailored to your preferences and interests - for example, content related to your favorite Lacrosse Club.
- Identity Verification and Security: We also may use information about you from other businesses to verify your identity so we can properly process your requests and prevent fraud. By accessing and using our Services, you agree that we may use your submitted and obtained Personal Information and Device Identifiable Information for such purposes and to maintain the integrity and security of the Services.
- Enforcement and Legal Obligations: PLL may use your Personal Information to enforce our Terms of Service or investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal and to respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
We also may use the information we collect and receive for other purposes that may be described to you at the point of collection or for which you provide your consent.
We value your privacy and the information you consent to share in relation to our SMS marketing service. We use this information to send you text notifications (including abandoned cart / checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us. Opt-in data and consent for text messaging will not be shared with any third parties except for messaging partners, for the purpose of enabling and operating our text messaging program.
Third Parties That Provide Content, Advertising, or Functionality On Our Services
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. These third parties may set and access tracking technologies on your computer, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Such third parties include, for example:
- Content providers, which may operate contests, sweepstakes, fantasy or interactive games, or public forums on our Services;
- Retail and other companies (such as those that operate our Shop and those that operate other Services), which may process transactions, provide customer service, and perform other related functions;
- Advertising providers, which help us and our advertisers provide ads (on our Services or elsewhere online) that may be tailored to users’ interests and understand users’ response to those ads;
- Audience-measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our Services and compare that usage to other online services;
- Social networking services (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+), which enable you to log in to certain of our Services, comment on content available on our Services, and share things you find on our Services with your social network; and
- Mobile location analytics providers that use location-specific data to facilitate the transmission of informational, marketing, and public service communications to you.
Your Controls And Choices
You have a number of choices about how we handle the information we collect and receive about you.
- Email. You may opt-out of receiving future promotional email communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of promotional email communications and updating your preferences. Please note that we may continue to send you transactional or service-related emails regarding your account.
- SMS and MMS. You may opt-out of receiving promotional SMS and MMS messages (i.e., text messages) from us by replying “STOP” to any message, which is free of charge. Please note that we may respond to your opt-out request with a message confirming that you have successfully opted out.
- Push Notification. You may customize or opt-out of receiving push notifications by choosing which notifications you do and do not wish to receive. Alternatively, you can go into your phone’s settings and disable push notifications for the PLL App.
- Direct Mail. You may opt-out of receiving direct mail communications from us by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email communication you received, or by emailing the PLL as set out in the Contact Us section below using the subject line “Unsubscribe from Direct Mail.”
- Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties. You can opt out of having your personally identifiable information shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by contacting the PLL as set out in the Contact Us section below using the subject line “Privacy.”
- Access, Update, Delete, or Correct Information and Other Data Subject Rights. You may have certain rights as a data subject under local law. For example, you may have the right to access, review, delete, or correct your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Tailored Advertising. Some companies that provide advertising services on our Services may participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers with choices about whether to receive tailored ads based on their online activities.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including by contacting the PLL as set out in the Contact Us section below, submitting a Consumer Rights Request Form, following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based ads).
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver specific experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take into account your interests and preferences. If the collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision about whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us as set out in the Contact Us section below using the subject line “Privacy.”
California Privacy Rights
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional privacy rights. Visit our State-Specific Rights and Disclosures page for more information, including how Authorized Agents may make specific requests on behalf of California Residents.
Your United Kingdom and European Union Rights
We adhere to applicable data protection laws in the European Union (“EU”). In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), users who are in the EU have the following rights:
- The right to access - You have the right to request the PLL for copies of the personal information we collected about you.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that the PLL correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the PLL to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that the PLL erase your personal information under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request the PLL restrict the processing of your personal information under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the PLL’s processing of your personal information under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that the PLL transfer the data we have collected to another organization or directly to you under certain conditions.
You also have the right (where applicable) to withdraw any consent given in relation to the processing of your personal information.
Please note that the right to erasure is not absolute. It may only sometimes be possible to erase personal data on request, for example, where personal information must be retained to comply with a legal obligation.
If you are in the EEA, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has authority in your country or region. Contact information for such authorities.
In order to exercise any of these rights or for more information, please use the contact details specified in the Contact Us section below. Please note that these rights are subject to certain preconditions and qualifications under applicable law.
Although there are PLL fans of all ages, the Services are not directed at or designed to attract children under the age of 13, and our Services do not knowingly collect, use, disclose or sell personal data or personally identifiable information from any person we have actual knowledge is under the age of 13, or as otherwise defined by local law except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) or other applicable local law. The Services are only to be used by people 13 years old and over, and if you are under the age of 18, you may only use the Services with the permission of, and supervision of, your parent or legal guardian. By using the Services, you confirm that you are over the relevant age specified above. In addition, if you are under the relevant age specified above, you confirm that you possess the applicable legal parental or guardian consent for accessing or using the Services and are fully able and competent to enter into, abide by and comply with the Terms.
We encourage parents and guardians to monitor their children’s online behavior, put parental control tools in place, and teach children not to provide their personal data through the Services without parental consent. For certain activities in which children are allowed to participate (e.g., PLL Academy), any request for personal data (such as registration data) is directed to the parent or legal guardian. Please see our Minor Consent Form to approve or consent to any submissions if applicable.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that personal information has been collected on the Services from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information. Further, any user found to be falsely claiming to be an age that they are not (either older or younger than their real age) if disclosed, may be banned from further participation, and their activity may be reported to their ISP or a relevant law authority, who may take further action at their discretion if they deem it appropriate.
We comply with the age limits applicable in each Member State for children in jurisdictions within the EU. In these instances, the references above to the age of 13 will be deemed to be references to the age limits applicable in each Member State. Where this Policy refers to consent, this will require the consent of a parent or legal guardian in relation to any person under the age limits applicable in each Member State.
Data Security, Integrity and Retention
International Transfers of Personal Information
The PLL’s headquarters is in the United States, and regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, your information may be transferred to, maintained, and processed by the PLL, its affiliates, and our operational partners and service providers in the United States. Please note that U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence, and such information may be subject to lawful access by U.S. courts, law enforcement, and governmental authorities. By using our Services or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information in and out of the United States.
To the extent our activities are subject to international data protection laws that specify limited legal grounds to process your information, the legal bases for our processing activities are to perform our contract(s) with you; to meet our legal obligations; and for our legitimate business purposes, including to improve our operation and Services, detect and prevent fraud, and enforce our Terms of Service. We rely on your consent to send you direct marketing messages about our products, services, and promotions and to deliver targeted advertisements to you, both on and off the Services. We will keep your personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the purpose it was collected.
Please see the Your Controls And Choices section for more information on how to withdraw your consent at any time. In addition, you may also have rights to access, rectification, deletion/erasure, objection, restriction of processing, and/or portability. You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found here.
All or partial advertising on this Website is managed by Playwire LLC. If Playwire publisher advertising services are used, Playwire LLC may collect and use certain aggregated and anonymized data for advertising purposes. To learn more about the types of data collected, how data is used and your choices as a user, please visit https://www.playwire.com/privacy-policy.
For EU Users only: If you are located in countries that are part of the European Economic Area, in the United Kingdom or Switzerland, and publisher advertising services are being provided by Playwire LLC, you were presented with messaging from our Consent Management Platform (CMP) around your privacy choices as a user in regards to digital advertising, applicable vendors, cookie usage and more. If you’d like to revisit the choices you have made previously on this Website, please click here.
ATTN: Privacy and Legal
Premier Lacrosse League, Inc.
530 7th Avenue, Suite 2801
New York, NY 10016