The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) powered by Ticketmaster is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams rostered by the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar, philanthropist, and investor Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Chernin Group, Blum Capital, The Kraft Group, Arctos Sports Partners, and other top investors in sports and media. The PLL is distributed through an exclusive media rights agreement with ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN+. The PLL was recognized by Front Office Sports’ 2021 Best Employers in Sports. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague), YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL) and TikTok (@pll).
- Stay grounded
- Think critically
- Encourage creativity
- Persevere through the noise
- Operate like an owner
- Be helpful
The TLN Creative Network is a selected group of emerging, eager, and hardworking creatives who will use their content to storytell around high school, college, and professional lacrosse. This program is looking for video creators and photographers talent to fill the positions within regional lacrosse communities. The TLN Creative Network will aim to find rising creative talent in the sport while generating engaging content to be shared across TLN channels.
- Must have an existing portfolio of work
- Estimated 20-30 hours of work total per month
- Create and share weekly content assignments ahead of time for notes
- Communicate consistently and effectively with leadership
- Join weekly calls with team leaders & Creative Network
- Pitch creative ideas for content beyond game highlights as well
- Sideline filming of local high school / college lacrosse / club games
- Edits of top college lacrosse plays/games
- Assistance on branded content production
- Selling assets with a revenue share opportunity
- $600 a month
- Formal externship experience; highly-selective network of creatives
- Media access to college games and other lacrosse events
- Create content directly for the TLN social media pages (1.2 million collective following)
- Opportunity to grow personal brands and social media followings (Tags, end cards etc.)
- Getting the opportunity to work with the Creative Network was a huge experience for me. I got to work alongside some of the best lacrosse creators all spring. I made unbreakable friendships with them, which has been so critical while looking for freelance work. The Creative Network was amazing for building my portfolio – I got credentialed for the biggest games and filmed the best players in college and high school lacrosse. This spring I was hired as the official Content Creator for Johns Hopkins University Mens and Womens lacrosse programs; without the exposure that the Creative Network gave me, I don’t think I would have gotten this opportunity!
- After spending several years filming lacrosse in my area, joining the Creative Network was an awesome chance to level up my portfolio. The Creative Network easily got me into multiple high status lacrosse matchups – including my bucket list game of Duke vs. UNC. I was also able to cover other Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, and MCLA lacrosse matchups. The Creative Network allowed me to expand my personal network which introduced me to new people as well created opportunities down the road. For instance: I was hired to film every single game of the 2021 Premier Lacrosse League season with full access (Traveling across the country was an unbelievable experience), filming with Team USA, and eventually my new full-time role as the Lead Producer for STX. All of these opportunities opened after my first season with the Creative Network!
- In 2021 I had the honor of joining the TLN Creative Network. This gave me opportunities like getting access into high level lacrosse games that I wouldn’t have been able to get credentialed for on my own. My work being posted on the biggest lacrosse page in the world (with credit to me as the creator on each post) was the best possible springboard. This opportunity with TLN grew my potential as a photographer in the lacrosse community, got more eyes on my work, and introduced me to people I would’ve never met otherwise. After college season, I was noticed by the Premier Lacrosse League and was brought on as a photographer – this was 100% thanks to the opportunity I had with TLN and their staff. Heading into 2022 I’m proud to say that I am still working alongside the PLL and have reached new opportunities like working with USA Lacrosse, multiple showcase companies, and college programs. I’m thankful to have had the opportunity with The Lacrosse Network and proud to have taken the leap into opportunities like this to help me grow. I recommend this opportunity for anyone who wants to create at the next level and work closely with a dedicated group of people.
- Throughout my time in the TLN Creative Network I was able to hone my skills in both filming and editing, while receiving consistent and beneficial feedback from other professionals. It was a great opportunity to create video content for a rapidly growing league and an established media outlet. My background is in basketball but I received excellent guidance in navigating a new sport for me from everyone at the TLN and PLL team, creating an easy adjustment. The position is an amazing opportunity for young creatives looking to gain valuable experience in the sports social media field and I’m confident being a part of this group prepared me for my newest position; a social media video editor at Top Rank Boxing.
- My time at TLN was nothing less than amazing. This job gave me so many opportunities to grow and perform as a creator, allowing me to travel across the east coast to pursue what I love doing. Alex and The Lacrosse Network team put me in the best position every weekend to succeed: finding games, locking in credentials, and posting with credit. From high level D1 to high school lacrosse, I was always involved in the action. Working with the Creative Network allowed me to work and learn with other like-minded creators. Having these connections helped me understand even more about social media and how to succeed at what we do. TLN gave me the freedom to create what I was comfortable with, and at the same time pushed me to become better – I was able to show my full style of lacrosse videography for the lacrosse community. Through this endeavor I got some incredible opportunities afterwards like filming professional content for Grant Ament and having my clips included in the UNDRAFTED Documentary with Chris Hogan. I grew so much over my time with TLN. There was no better lacrosse media team than what we had in 2021!