The Premier Lacrosse League Shows Growth Across Ticketing, Streaming, Linear, Social, and Digital Platforms
By PLL | Jul 22, 2021
LOS ANGELES, CA. (July 22, 2021) - The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) powered by Ticketmaster has tracked significant growth across broadcast, streaming, ticketing, social, and digital platforms through the All-Star break.
“Growth across traditional platforms like television has introduced our league and the sport of lacrosse to new fans,” said Mike Rabil, Co-Founder and CEO of the PLL. “Our continued growth across modern streaming platforms is a testament to our core audience’s adoption of technology and appetite for more games than ever.”
The 2021 All-Star Game presented by CrowdStrike on NBCSN delivered 391,000 total viewers, making it the second most watched game in league history. The PLL on NBCSN season-to-date is now tracking +30% over 2019 on household ratings.
The Redwoods LC vs. Waterdogs LC matchup on July 3rd on NBC delivered an audience of 365,000 – the third-highest in league history, next to June 2019’s 401,000 total audience delivered.
Off the field, the league has announced new partnerships with CrowdStrike (the presenting partner of the 2021 All-Star Game), Public.com (the Official Investing App of the PLL), and HEX Performance (the Official Laundry Partner of the PLL).
“We’re thrilled to see continued growth across all of our distribution channels,” said Co-Founder, CMO and player, Paul Rabil. “Building new and robust partnerships that touch our brand, players, fans and broadcast, only lends itself to deeper touchpoints in the community with an introduction to new fans. That’s our formula.”
On-field play has been highlighted by SportsCenter Top 10 Plays by Kyle Jackson, Ryder Garnsey, and Marcus Holman, with the PLL’s first time featured as the #1 play on the countdown, orchestrated by Grant Ament.
Premier Lacrosse League’s ticketing, streaming, television, social, and digital successes include:
- All-Star Game presented by CrowdStrike: 391K viewership on NBCSN
- Cannons-Archers on July 11th: 162K viewership on NBCSN
- Redwoods-Whipsnakes on July 10th: 151K viewership on NBCSN
- Redwoods-Waterdogs on July 3rd: 365K viewership on NBC (3rd-highest linear audience in league history)
- Sold through all available inventory for all three days at Homewood Field in Baltimore
- More tickets have been sold YTD than all of 2019
- Live minutes streamed through Week 5 are up +165% from the entire 2019 season
- Live minutes streamed are up 85% from 2020
- Replay minutes streamed are up 32% from 2020
- Atlas-Whipsnakes on June 25th was the third most live-streamed Peacock game this season with more live-streamed minutes than any game from the 2020 Championship Series
Social Media (Instagram and Twitter)
- Total impressions: 226M
- Total engagements: 13M
- Video views: 14M
League accounts (Instagram and Twitter)
- Instagram impressions: 58M
- Instagram interactions: 4M
- Twitter impressions: 52M
Team accounts (Instagram and Twitter)
- Waterdogs: 33M impressions, 4% engagement rate
- Redwoods: 15M impressions, 6.4% engagement rate
- Cannons: 12M impressions, 6.5% engagement rate
- Total views: 2.02M
- Total minutes watched: 178K
- Pageviews: 6.6M
- New Users: 742K
The 2021 PLL Season continues on the NBC family of networks this July 30th, 31st, and August 1st in Colorado Springs, CO. In 2021, the PLL will be broadcasting 21 games on NBC (4) and NBCSN (17), the most-ever professional lacrosse games on television in a season, and 23 games exclusively on Peacock.
For more information on the 2021 schedule, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com/schedule.
ABOUT PREMIER LACROSSE LEAGUE
The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) powered by Ticketmaster is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams rostered with the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar, philanthropist, and investor Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Chernin Group, Blum Capital, The Kraft Group, Arctos Sports Partners, and other top investors in sports and media. The PLL was named Sports Breakthrough of the Year in 2020 by the Sports Business Journal and is distributed through an exclusive media-rights agreement with NBC Universal. In December 2020, the PLL and Major League Lacrosse (MLL) announced a merger with subsequent season operations and activities to formally exist under the PLL. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague), YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL) and TikTok (@pll).