Players Top 50: #46 Stephen Rehfuss
A lifelong attackman, Rehfuss now runs out of the box. He’s the invert threat that offensive coordinator Sean Kirwan was searching for through the Entry and College Drafts last spring. When Rehfuss draws a short-stick matchup and carries behind the cage, quality looks are created.
Rehfuss dished 47 assist opportunities (i.e. a pass that leads directly to a shot). Dhane Smith (57 AO) and Brad Smith (49 AO) were the only midfielders with more. Most of Rehfuss’s AOs were created in six-on-six sets. He dodged, drew slides or hedges, and found the open shooter.
Rehfuss uses rollbacks to bait slides. Defenses will try to trap him when he turns his head -- but he already has his next move mapped out. That subtle bounce out of the rollback buys him time to pick apart a backside 2-on-1.
Stay tuned as the Players Top 50 rolls out throughout December:
- #50 - Joel White, LSM, Chrome LC
- #49 - Scott Ratliff, LSM, Archers LC
- #48 - Jake Withers, FO, Waterdogs LC
- #47 - Tim Troutner, G, Redwoods LC
- #46 - Stephen Rehfuss, M, Cannons LC
- #45 - Colin Heacock, M, Chrome LC
- #44 - Connor Kelly, M, Waterdogs LC
- #43 - Kieran McArdle, A, Waterdogs LC
- #42 - Brodie Merrill, D, Cannons LC
- #41 - Adam Ghitelman, G, Archers LC